Unlike many other providers who rent their hardware on a monthly basis, we own all of our equipment. We are in it for the long haul.
Our systems are designed to be "lights out" and 95% of our maintenance can be done remotely. We monitor and audit every aspect of our network 24/7/365, from the quality of Internet connectivity, to ambient temperature within the data center. Rest assured, we usually know about an issue before it becomes critical.
Our routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, PDUs and servers are all high-end, data-center grade hardware. No desktop computers or home office switches are used here. All equipment is 100% owned and maintained by us.
For ultimate reliability, we house our equipment at two east coast data centers located 25 miles apart. Both are Tier 4, Class A data centers with multiple OC-192 fiber connections and peering arrangements with major ISPs. Should power fail, each data center has UPS battery backups and diesel generator. Physical access to the data center is by two-factor authentication.
- Location: Garden City, New York
- Provider: Level(3)
- Location: New York, New York
- Provider: NYI
Each data center uses Tier 1 bandwidth with uplinks to multiple transit providers. We have a public and private network for better separation of traffic and security.
HostCube maintains a separate private network for sensitive traffic such as DNS, system monitoring, patch management, remote MySQL, and backups. While the benefits of this may not be obvious, the performance and security results are significant:
- DNS requests are guaranteed to be lightning fast and place zero load on your VPS.
- Backups are stored in a location where they can not be accessed by intruders, even in the event your site or app is hacked.
- As with backups, monitoring is protected such that it can't be touched hackers who may have compromised your site or app, ensuring likely detection of any foul play.
- Log files are sent to remote, untouchable servers. If a hacker compromises a server, the first thing they do is hide their tracks. This isn't possible with remote sysloging.
- Any potentially sensitive information is sent over the private network. This data cannot be intercepted on the public network.
Having lots of bandwidth is irrelevant if you don't have the network performance to go with it. HostCube maintains a minimum GigE backbone LAN
HostCube utilizes IPSec VPN between data centers , which is also an an option for private client use in configurations requiring secure and private data transfer.